Tuesday, March 11, 2008

U've made my day!

I spoke to one of my best friends ever today, and realized how much i miss talking to her..about nothing and everything...From those deepest secrets to those "utterly nonsensical" gossip sessions...from the guys we all drooled over to the guys we eventually got together with...

I realized how much we've missed out on each other's lives, and how much we had to catch up on...U have to read this to know how lost the both of us are on the happenings with each other

She: So how's X?
Me: Oh he's good...doing extremely well i school
She: How many years has it been now?
Me: Oh, about 1 and a half years
She: Are u crazy? U guys were together for longer than that in school itself...It must be about 4 years now atleast
Me: :S what are u talking abt
(And then it hits me)
Me: OMG, u don't know..u mean u dont even know this..have we lost touch this badly!! I broke up with him a about 1 and a half years ago..after i came to NUS...and this time like seriously!
She: Are u serious? I'm sorry!!!!
She: But finally u did the correct thing..u deserve someone better!

And then the convo lingered on that topic for sometime...but by the time we changed topics, i was feeling really good..and i've never ever felt good talking abt this with anyone before!!

Someother takeaways from our conversation include the following..and she accused me of all of them in the most funniest way possible

I'm stupid - cos i dont express my feelings to the correct person in the correct way

I suck - cos i don't have the guts to even pass hints to "Y" about my feelings

I am useless - cos i have good networking and social skills, and yet i dont put them to use when it comes to the "person" that really matters

I need to be shot in the head - cos i don't seem to be able to prioritize btw the most important things in life...ofcourse right now its school work, but supposedly "the person" should be second on the list!

To my bestest friend, i love u..and i miss u loads and loads...thanks for putting my life in persepctive...and for the sake of ur hours of advice i will try to"give that guy some winks.."

5 comments:

sweetden7al said...

OMG WHO IS THAT PERSON Y??????

Dina said...

Ya Nithy, who is it?!

not_so_much_an_angel said...

seriously.i'm shocked.
if your talking abt the same person i'm thinking about

The Wild Tide said...

LOL to EH and Dina....Like i told EH before, its not really a person i like, and it was just my friend trying to convince me that i still liked a "childhood crush":P

The Wild Tide said...

To "not so much an angel" - who are u?